Technical project manager
Experience: 8 to 13 yrs. | Opening(s): 1 | Location: Mohali
You are the dedicated point of contact for a defined circle of projects. Your day-to-day work would include the following:
Acting as extended product manager for existing projects
Keeping the underlying short-term and long-term objectives of a project in mind, you apply your analytical, technical, product & commercial knowledge to:
- Proactively brainstorm valuable ideas (far beyond the obvious) to considerably improve a client’s product and then pitch the same to the client,
- Scrutinize any requirements received from the client, i.e. to cross-check for any logical flaws/shortcomings or to enhance the feature,
- Provide valuable input to solve any of the client’s roadblocks/business dilemmas,
- Flesh out the details (functional description) for an idea proposed by the client/ideas proposed by you and approved by the client
- Curate a prioritized backlog and roadmap for every project
- Provide any kind of post-sale support to the client
- Continually seek to increase customer satisfaction and expand client relationships
Collaboration / Monitoring of internal project team
As part of the successful execution of a project / additional feature(s), you are required to do the following:
- Form your team by defining what skillsets are needed (developers, PM, QA, etc) & by consulting the resource availability schedule.
- Ensure that applicable team members fully understand your functional requirements
- Identify critical success factors & proactively expose risks and employ timely possible counter measures
- Monitor the adherence to approved development processes and methodologies throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Obtain & review estimates received from developers.
- Conduct Fit-for-Purpose checks on functionality that has passed QA before it is released to the client
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for clients and management.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the complete project and fullest client satisfaction
Managing Project Financials
- Monitor time & cost schedule for ongoing projects/feature enhancements
- Increasing the profitability of the projects by identifying solutions to reduce development time/cost
- Billing & revenue collection of the accounts being handled
- Manage project revenue and prepare P&L for management for the ongoing projects
Collaborate with BDM Team
- Work collaboratively with Business development team, business analysts and lead architects on project acquisition, estimation, planning & execution respectively
- Identify opportunities for Upselling, Cross Selling, Scope enhancement for the ongoing project
- Reactivation of previous clients with the help of BD team
Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes & methodologies
Work towards continual improvement by:
- Performance analysis of team members,
- Post-delivery review of projects,
- Identifying & validation of trending relevant processes/tools,
- Defining/Refining best practices & standard operating procedures
Desired Candidate Profile
You are a highly accomplished and dynamic leader with a successful career in managing complex and large offshore mobile application development/projects. You live by highest professional standards (quality, methodology) and enjoy the challenges of working on sophisticated enterprise projects for large renowned multinational clients.
- You have a very analytical mind combined with great attention to detail and are able to structure/organize an abundance of information to identify which matters needs prioritized attention.
- You are aversed abstract thinker and can thereby deal with problems across technologies/industries without a specific understanding of the programming syntax or industry.
- You are a natural problem solver and able to break down a highly complex technical problem into logical components, cause(s) and effect(s).
- You enjoy complex challenges/projects and it motivates you to be surrounded by super smart individuals.
You possess a solid understanding of the following:
- Core technical concepts (Platforms, Frameworks, Databases, wearables, IoT)
- Technical terminologies across various domains including Web, API, UI/UX, QA
- Awareness of major mobile development frameworks/technologies
- Software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices
- Project Management tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, Slack), agile project management methodologies and best practices
Note: You need not master any programming language.
Product Management skills
You are a creative mind and possess valuable hands-on experience in the management of (client) products with regard to:
- Ideation (the creative process of generating, developing, and curating ideas)
- Creation of sophisticated wireframes / rapid prototypes
- Principles of MVPs, lean development, finding product/market fit
- Launching products and the various involved activities (market research, competitive analysis, funding, legal, hosting, online marketing, pricing, etc) ideally in an entrepreneurial setting would be advantageous.
Business Strategy skills
It is advantageous if you possess a basic understanding of business strategy concepts, including, but not limited to ROI, Porter, PEST, SWOT, Ansoff and BCG Matrix.
Communication & Negotiation skills
- You speak and write outstanding English with a rich vocabulary. (IELTS 6.5+)
- You possess strong presentation skills and know how to engage with an international audience
- You are able to translate technical information clearly to non-technical audiences using non-technical language.
- You are a seasoned negotiator with regard to sophisticated products
Interpersonal, Intercultural & Leadership skills
- You are fully aware of cultural differences among an international clientele.
- You have experience leading a project team and understand the specific needs of your team members and apply a mix of measures to motivate them personally and collectively.
- You understand how to promote a strong sense of “project ownership” among your team members.
Availability to travel
- You would be available and willing to travel abroad for business meetings and project execution (no more than cumulative 30 days month per year)
- You have a valid passport and are fully eligible to travel to US/Europe/Australia. A previous travel history would be advantageous, but not required.