Technical project manager
Experience: 6+ yrs. | Opening(s): 1 | Location: Mohali
We are looking for result oriented highly accomplished and dynamic Technical Project Manager (f/m) with a successful career in managing complex and large E-commerce, web and mobile application projects. We seek a Technical Project Manager who lives by highest professional standards (quality, methodology) and enjoy the challenges of working on sophisticated enterprise projects for large renowned multinational clients. This position will have the chance to network with clients, in-house business units and engineering department as well as form a dream team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency.
Essential duties/Job responsibilities
- Keeping the underlying short-term and long-term objectives of a project in consideration, need to apply analytical, technical, product & commercial knowledge
- Proactively brainstorm valuable ideas (far beyond the obvious) to considerably improve a client’s product and then pitch the same to the client
- Scrutinize any requirements received from the client, i.e. to cross-check for any logical flaws/shortcomings or to enhance the feature
- Provide valuable input to solve any of the client’s roadblocks / business dilemmas
- Flesh out the details (functional description) for any idea proposed by the client / ideas proposed by you and approved by the client
- Curate a prioritized backlog and roadmap for every project
- Provide any kind of post-sale support to the client
- Continually seek to increase customer satisfaction and expand client relationships
- Identify critical success factors & proactively expose risks and employ timely possible counter measures
- Monitor the adherence to approved development processes and methodologies throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Ensure the successful delivery of the complete project and fullest client satisfaction
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
As a Technical Project Manager, need to possess a solid understanding of the following:
- Core technical concepts (Platforms, Frameworks, Databases, wearable’s, IoT. Etc.)
- Technical terminologies across various domains including Web, API, UI/UX, QA etc.
- Awareness of major mobile development frameworks/technologies
- Software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices
- Project Management tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, Slack), agile project management methodologies and best practices
- This position needs an analytical skills combined with a great attention to detail that enables to structure/organize an abundance of information to identify which matters needs prioritized attention.
- An abstract thinker and can thereby deal with problems across technologies/industries without a specific understanding of the programming syntax or industry.
- A natural problem solver and able to break down a highly complex technical problem into logical components, cause(s) and effect(s).
- A professional who enjoys complex challenges/projects
Job skills & qualifications
- Must be proficient in English
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities. Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum 6 years project management experience in the IT field, including interactions with customers
- Business Strategy Skills; to possess basic concepts, including but not limiting to ROI, Porter, PEST, SWOT, Ansoff and BCG Matrix etc.
- Communication and negotiation skills; outstanding oral and written communication in English language is must. Possess strong presentation skills and a seasoned negotiator
- Interpersonal, Intercultural & Leadership skills, fully aware of cultural difference among international clientele, Strong understanding, how to promote a strong sense of “project ownership” among your team members.
- Ability to travel as per business requirements
- Proficiency with at least one web development language, hands on experience on E-Commerce, Web and App Development projects.
- Project financial management skills; Monitor time & cost schedule for ongoing projects / feature enhancements; Manage project revenue and prepare P&L for management for the ongoing projects